Monday, October 30, 2006

Curling season has begun!

Well curling season officially began last week. Troy, Christa, M, and I wet to the put-in-the-plug party (I wonder what kind of search hits that last phrase will get me). We had a really good time. The people at the club were very welcoming to new members. It seemed like there was always a new face comming over to introduce themselves to us.

It was interesting, after the PITP party we went to a gathering of theater people and they were much more closed. We knew quite a few people at the party and deffinatly got to catch up with some theater friends from the area, but many of the peopl were off in their own circles having what looked like closed conversations.

Of course this thater event was at a bar with live music which was pretty loud so that may have contributed to the smaller conversations.

Anyhow, I guess I got a little off topic. I was intending to report on my first game, sort of. I was up in Albany on business so I missed the game but M went and reported back that she had a really good time. Our team should be fun. The only unfortunate thing is M and I won't play together for another week. M will be out of town this weekend so I will have to hold down the fort.

Now all we need is for our gear to arrive so we can step it up a notch!

No comments: